Rimini, November 28th 1936
Degree in Economics, University of Genoa
Formerly associate Professor of the University of Genoa, Carlo Castellano worked in the studies department of Pirelli and Mediobanca. Director at Italsider, Italimpianti and Ansaldo.
At the end of 1970's in the Ansaldo Group of Genoa Carlo Castellano promoted a new project in the biomedical electronics sector which grew into Esaote, a company privatized in 1994 with an innovative management buy-out operation and acquired, in January 2006, by a consortium of financial investors as well as a group of managers headed by Prof. Carlo Castellano. In November 2009 Esaote is acquired by a new consortium of investors led by Ares Life Sciences, holding 40% of the share capital; the remaining 60% is hold by IMI Investimenti S.p.A, Tower 7 S.a.r.l., MPS Venture SGR S.p.A, Banca Carige S.p.A and 99 managers & Directors of Esaote Group.
- Vice-President Electromedical Association of ANIE, Milan
- President Health Committee Confindustria, Rome
- Member of the Research and Innovation Committee Confindustria, Rome
- Member of Internal Review Committee (CVI), Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare - INFN (National Nuclear Physics Institute), Rome
- Vice-President Health Committee - Business and Industry Advisory Committee (BIAC OECD), Paris
- Chairman of Esaote S.p.A.
- President of "DIXET - Distretto di Elettronica e Tecnologie Avanzate - Club d'Imprese", Genoa
- Chairman of Genoa High Tech S.p.A., Genoa
- Member of the Board of Directors Banca d'Italia (bank of Italy), Rome
- Member of Confindustria Council, Genoa
- Vice - President Assobiomedica, Milan
- Honorary member Italian Society of Medical Radiology
- Knight of the Order of Labour Merit of the Italian Republic (1998)
- "Leonardo Qualità Italia" Award (1998)
- Entrepeneur of the year (1999)
- Gold medal for merits in healthcare from the President of the Italian Republic (2003)
- Honoris Causa Degree in biomedical engineering University of Genoa (2004)
- "A Compagna" Award for entrepreneurship, Genoa (2008)
- Columbian Gold Medal - Genoa (2010)
Texts and articles on industrial economics