Degree in Medicine, University of Genoa
Specialization in Radiology, University of Genoa
- From March 2006: R&D and Strategic MKT General Manager, Esaote S.p.A.
Speaker at several scientific congresses, seminars and refreshing courses.
The scientific production (about 150 publications) includes monographs, publications on Italian and foreign magazines, communications and congress proceedings regarding diagnostic radiology, radiological anatomy and, in particular, MRI.
- June 2002 - April 2007: Managing Director of HBT S.c.a.r.l. (Hospital Buildings and Technologies), shared at 50% by Esaote S.p.A. and Inso S.p.A.
- September 1999 - March 2006: Director of the Hospital System Division of Esaote S.p.A. for the supply of systems and turnkey hospital.
- 1993 - March 2006: Director of the MRI Division of Esaote S.p.A.
- He was the first in the world to develop MR systems dedicated to the limbs and joints (C-scan and E-scan). He has also developed an innovative magnet which rotates together with the patient table enabling weight bearing spine examination (G-scan)
- He has been inventor and co-inventor of patents in the field of magnetic resonance imaging, regarding both magnetic and medical-application issues.
- Concerning his activities in Esaote, he took part in Esaote S.p.A. privatization in 1994, joining the Management Buy Out, he was shareholder with the entrance of Esaote S.p.A. in Milan Stock Exchange in 1996 and in 2006 took part in the second Esaote S.p.A. privatization, joining the Top Management Buy Out.
- January 1988 - 1992: Clinical-scientific, planning and technical-managerial Expert in biomedical systems, above all in Magnetic Resonance, TCX, US and in general imaging diagnosis fields - Esaote Biomedica.
- December 1985 - December 1987: scientific consultant for Magnetic Resonance Imaging at Esacontrol Biomedicale
- 1983 - 1990: Research and clinical activity in traditional radiological field before, and later in high diagnostic imaging at S. Martino Hospital (Genoa) and University Clinics operating within the national health service for activities.
- He is also Contract Professor at Radiodiagnostic Specialization School (2004-2005/2005-2006), University of Genoa, and at Radiological Diagnostic Techniques Course (2004-2005/2006-2007), University of Genoa.