The Virtual Navigator advanced system allows the real-time visualization of enhanced Ultrasound Images thanks to the correlation with CT/MR gold-standard images. The combination of US with CT/MR reference modalities has as final result the data fusion of US and CT/MR images allowing to gain confidence in assessing the morphology in US images, specially in difficult-to-scan patients.
- a fast, easy-to-use advanced tool that combines the advantages of real-time imaging with CT/MR high spatial and contrast resolution
- able to overcome all physiological and physical limitations that usually restrict the effectiveness of ultrasound scanning
- able to offer more confidence in assessing the morphology in US images
- potential applications related not only to liver, but also extendable to all patients and internal organs with reduced ultrasound answer
- spatial retrieval performed by the ultrasound probe thanks to the magnetic system identification
Virtual Navigator Neurosonology - White Paper (authetication required)
The Virtual Navigator system configuration for the Fusion Imaging technology includes:
- magnetic reference system (electromagnetic positioning device - fixed emitter and mobile receiver placed on the probe - to allow the correlation among US and CT/MR images)
- Virtual Navigator application
- ultrasound scanner
VIRTUAL NAVIGATOR: A STEP AHEAD IN FUSION IMAGING
Luigi Solbiati, MD
Tiziana Ierace, MD
Luca Cova, MD
Soraya Zaid, MD
Department of Radiology - General Hospital of Busto Arsizio (ITALY)
Virtual Navigator is not available for sales in the USA.
Technology and features are system/configuration dependent. Specifications subject to change without notice.
Information might refer to products or modalities not yet approved in all countries.
For further details, please contact your Esaote sales representative.