Esaote aims to deliver precise and reliable diagnosis to meet any clinical need. Integrated solutions for data and image management ensure safe and streamlined workflow.
Virtual Navigator is Esaote’s revolutionary technology for Fusion Imaging that allows CT, MR and PET to be viewed simultaneously with real-time Ultrasound imaging.
NEW VIDEO “Virtual Navigator - Introduction”
LET THE FUSION BEGIN! CT, MRI, PET side by side with Real-Time Ultrasound
Virtual Navigator uses all the advantages of different imaging modalities to provide a real-time, low-cost, radiation-free solution for guiding diagnoses. It is ideal for use in everyday diagnostic clinical practice, for interventional procedures, as well as for research and teaching.
Esaote’s Virtual Navigator enables real time fusion with multiple second modality imaging, bringing to the fore Ultrasound’s real-time capabilities , such as Doppler, CEUS and Elastosonography.
Virtual Navigator increases diagnostic confidence in order to:
- Visualize lesions detected in CT/MRI/PET which are not readily visible with ultrasound
- Plan the best approach in difficult-to-scan patients
- Guide the operator to the region of interest – quickly and easily
Virtual Navigator aims to support interventional procedures, including tumor marking with Automatic Registration. This will support users with applications - especially for percutaneous procedures, as well as injections, drainage, ablations, conventional surgery and more. It provides:
- Semi-automatic delineation of the lesion margins
- Computed calculation of lesion volume
- Definition of expected necrotic ellipse
- Needle tracking capabilities
VIRTUAL NAVIGATOR CLINICAL APPLICATIONS AND ENABLED PROBES
A wide selection of transducers enables the use of Virtual Navigator Technology for many applications:
- 2D and 3D Convex probes for Abdominal application
- 2D and 3D Linear probes for Thyroid, Breast, Small Parts, MSK and Vascular and Neurosurgery applications
- Microconvex Probes for Small Parts
- Endocavity probes for Urology and Gynecology
- Intraoperative Linear for Surgery
- Phased array for Neurosonology
- Dedicated Interventional probe for Abdominal Biopsy
- External marker
- CIVCO Omnitrax Registration
- One plane (registration) and One point (tuning)
- Automatic Registration
- Manual tuning
- Internal marker
- “One Point” AUTOMATIC Correlation
With One Point Registration, a new simplified workflow makes registration quick, easy and accurate.
- Multiple layout selection with different overlapping levels and layouts (View finder and target, Blending modality, Contour extraction)
- Compass representation for easier target finding
- AutoSwitch: automatic selection of the second modality view with the highest spatial resolution
- Ultrasound volume acquisition and Navigation (with automatic registration)
- Useful for covering the whole lesion with a safety margin: big lesions require multiple insertions, and critical structures must be spared
- Creation of the expected volume of necrosis for virtual needle, based on the experimental and clinical data available
Panoramic fusion of multiple Ultrasound volumes in one session:
- Preview with tracker data
- Fusion based on anatomical landmarks (Artifact correction such as breathing or compression)
3D PAN plus Virtual Biopsy for soft tissue navigation and intervention (Breast, Small Parts)
3D vascular reconstruction for brain navigation
3D PAN for breast reconstruction and lesion detection
Download New Virtual Navigator & fusion imaging
[1.2 Mb - PDF]
Download Virtual Navigator - Gynecology White Paper
[232 Kb - PDF]
The use of contrast agents in the USA is limited by FDA to left ventricle opacification and visualization of the left ventricular endocardial border.
Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
Technology and features are system/configuration dependent. Specifications subject to change without notice. Information might refer to products or modalities not yet approved in all countries. Product images are for illustrative purposes only. For further details, please contact your Esaote sales representative.