Ergonomics, Workflow and Design
Esaote has started some years ago a review of its approach to the topics of Ergonomics, Workflow and Design in Diagnostic Ultrasound. This new approach, started in Europe, has been recently consolidated in the US with the presence of Esaote systems in some important Clinical Institutions where we have been able to get precious feedbacks and ideas from many experienced Sonographers and Physicians.
Esaote has started some years ago a review of its approach to the topics of Ergonomics, Workflow and Design in Diagnostic Ultrasound.
This new approach, started in Europe, has been recently consolidated in the US with the presence of Esaote systems in some important Clinical Institutions where we have been able to get precious feedbacks and ideas from many experienced Sonographers and Physicians.
The tools used by Esaote to improve regarding Ergonomics, Workflow and Design of Ultrasound systems and Transducers, have been so far
- Direct interviews to Sonographers and Physicians
- Observational studies
- Motion Analysis
- Eye Tracking
- Superficial Electromyography (SEMG)
- Digital Human Modelling (DHM) and iterative simulations
- Focus Groups on mock ups and prototypes
The above listed studies have been performed regarding different clinical applications (Abdomen, Vascular, Cardiac, WH) and considering different Ultrasound systems (portables, cart-based Mid-End, cart-based High-End) and probe typologies (linear, convex, phased array, special probes).
Different body types and heights of possible users (considering standing and sitting scanning) were also evaluated in the system design phase regarding:
- Max and Min control panel height (for cart-based and portable systems on trolley)
- Control panel rotation
- System and monitor maneuverability
- User Interface Controls disposition
The outcome of the previously listed studies, tests, simulations and evaluations had several outcomes in terms of Ergonomics, Workflow and Design of Esaote MyLab™ Ultrasound systems and probes:
- Controls at “hand-palm” distance from trackball
- Integrated touch screen in portable ultrasound systems (no Soft Key Menus)
- Reduced reaching due to controls rationalization and grouping
- Reduced complexity of interactive Menus (only 2 levels)
- Macro recorder (to re-call several actions with a single activation)
- Customizable Protocols
- Automatic solutions for measurements and image and Doppler signal quality
- On board learning tools
- appleprobe and lightweight Design of transducers
- OptiLight for on board environmental light adjustment
- Programmable controls available on probe
- Smartphone and Tablet based remote controller App for cart-based systems
Several optimizations and innovations in terms of Ergonomics, Workflow and Design are on going, to be implemented on updated and brand new Esaote MyLab™ Ultrasound systems and probes.
Take a look at our Ultrasound Systems: Ergonomics, Workflow and Design
Technology and features are system/configuration dependent. Specifications subject to change without notice. Information might refer to products or modalities not yet approved in all countries. Product images are for illustrative purposes only. For further details, please contact your Esaote sales representative.