Early management of disease leads to better patient care and reduces Socio-Economic impacts. This is why Esaote has been investing in preventive healthcare for many years.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic inflammatory disease that affects approximately 1% of the worldwide population. A cascade of immune reactions is triggered by genetic and environmental factors, leading to the development of synovitis and joint and structural bone deterioration. In addition to joint problems, the disease can affect other body areas such as skin, eyes, lungs and blood vessels. Different methods are used to treat the disease, but the most important approach is to control the symptoms and prevent joint damage.
Based on our understanding of clinicians’ need for tools that support and guide diagnosis, Esaote has developed a dedicated range of products and technologies:
- eHD technology that enhances and creates diagnostic value - view YouTube eHD technology video
- High frequency probe (up to 22MHz) for exceptionally detailed and precise representation of superficial structures
- Hockey stick probe (up to 18 MHz) for improved clinical performance, particularly when scanning difficult to access regions
- Augmented Doppler sensitivity to detect early inflammation and evaluate progression/remission of the disease
- Accessible Educational Library with an archive of clinical images and procedure descriptions, built by users for users
- Virtual Navigator - Real-time Fusion Imaging Clinical Applications for Diagnosis and Intervention (refer to the Scientific Literature section: Magnetic resonance and ultrasonography real-time fusion imaging of the hand and wrist in osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis)
Click on thumbnails to open clinical images gallery sequence or click here
Clinical Benefits of Ultrasound Guidance
- Better accuracy during interventional procedures due to real-time imaging
- Dynamic assessment of joint and tendons movements
- Continuous assessment of disease status
- Improved workflow and patient management
- Cost reduction and good return on investment
Technology and features are system/configuration dependent. Specifications subject to change without notice. Information might refer to products or modalities not yet approved in all countries. For further details, please contact your Esaote sales representative.