Early management of disease leads to better patient care and reduces Socio-Economic impacts. This is why Esaote has been investing in preventive healthcare for many years.
Find the highest quality clinical studies committed to helping healthcare professionals provide better patient care on a daily basis through the Esaote’s high performance imaging systems and advanced technologies.
The collection of the most important scientific literature relevant to a particular question represents the scientific evidence to improve clinical accuracy in managing patients and develop the clinical practice guidelines.
By identifying the most critical challenges facing patient care today, clinicians and imaging professionals can increase confidence and gain new opportunities to learn, judge and experience innovative modalities and procedures in everyday clinical practice.
-  Fernando Alfageme, "Skin ultrasound: when MHz can make a difference" (white paper). REF: 169008800
-  M.A. D’Agostino, J.F. Maillefert, R. Said-Nahal, M. Breban, P. Ravaud, M. Dougados, “Detection of small joint synovitis by ultrasonography: the learning curve of eumatologists”, Ann Rheum Dis 2004;63:1284–1287. doi: 10.1136/ard.2003.012393
-  Schmidt W, “Doppler sonography in rheumatology” Best Practice & Research Clinical Rheumatology, Vol. 18, No. 6, pp. 827–846, 2004
-  Iagnocco A, Perella C, D'Agostino MA, Sabatini E, Valesini G, Conaghan PG., “Magnetic resonance and ultrasonography real-time fusion imaging of the hand and wrist in osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis“, Rheumatology (Oxford). 2011 Aug; 50(8):1409-13
-  Engelen L, Bossuyt J, Ferreira I, van Bortel LM, Reesink KD, Segers P, Stehouwer CD, Laurent S, Boutouyrie P; Reference Values for Arterial Measurements Collaboration. Reference values for local arterial stiffness. Part A: carotid artery. J Hypertens. 2015; 33:1981-1996 - Pubmed Link
-  Bossuyt J, Engelen L, Ferreira I, Stehouwer CD, Boutouyrie P, Laurent S, Segers P, Reesink K, Van Bortel LM; Reference Values for Arterial Measurements Collaboration. Reference values for local arterial stiffness. Part B: femoral artery. J Hypertens. 2015; 33:1997-2009 - Pubmed Link
-  Kozakova M, Morizzo C, Guarino D, Federico G, Miccoli M, Giannattasio C, Palombo C. The impact of age and risk factors on carotid and carotid-femoral pulse wave velocity. Hypertens. 2015; 33:1446-1451 - Pubmed Link
-  Proust C, Empana JP, Boutouyrie P, Alivon M, Challande P, Danchin N, Escriou G, Esslinger U, Laurent S, Li Z, Pannier B, Regnault V, Thomas F, Jouven X, Cambien F, Lacolley P. Contribution of Rare and Common Genetic Variants to Plasma Lipid Levels and Carotid Stiffness and Geometry: A Substudy of the Paris Prospective Study 3. Circ Cardiovasc Genet. 2015; 8:628-636 - Pubmed Link
-  Palombo C, Morizzo C, Baluci M, Lucini D, Ricci S, Biolo G, Tortoli P, Kozakova M. Large artery remodeling and dynamics following simulated microgravity by prolonged head-down tilt bed rest in humans. Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015:342565 - Reference Link
-  Van Sloten TT, Schram MT, van den Hurk K, Dekker JM, Nijpels G, Henry RM, Stehouwer CD. Local stiffness of the carotid and femoral artery is associated with incident cardiovascular events and all-cause mortality: the Hoorn study. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 63:1739-1747 - Pubmed Link
-  Kozakova M, Morizzo C, Bianchi C, Di Filippi M, Miccoli R, Paterni M, Di Bello V, Palombo C. Glucose-related arterial stiffness and carotid artery remodeling: a study in normal subjects and type 2 diabetes patients. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2014; 99:E2362-E2366 - Pubmed Link
-  Engelen L, Ferreira I, Stehouwer CD, Boutouyrie P, Laurent S; Reference Values for Arterial Measurements Collaboration. Reference intervals for common carotid intima-media thickness measured with echotracking: relation with risk factors. Eur Heart J. 2013; 34:2368-2380 - Pubmed Link
-  Palombo C, Kozakova M, Guraschi N, Bini G, Cesana F, Castoldi G, Stella A, Morizzo C, Giannattasio C. Radiofrequency-based carotid wall tracking: a comparison between two different systems. J Hypertens. 2012; 30:1614-1619 - Pubmed Link
-  Karras A, Haymann JP, Bozec E, Metzger M, Jacquot C, Maruani G, Houillier P, Froissart M, Stengel B, Guardiola P, Laurent S, Boutouyrie P, Briet M; Nephro Test Study Group. Large artery stiffening and remodeling are independently associated with all-cause mortality and cardiovascular events in chronic kidney disease. Hypertension. 2012; 60:1451-1457 - Reference Link
-  Briet M, Collin C, Karras A, Laurent S, Bozec E, Jacquot C, Stengel B, Houillier P, Froissart M, Boutouyrie P; Nephro Test Study Group. Arterial remodeling associates with CKD progression. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011; 22:967-974 - Reference Link
-  Beulen BW, Bijnens N, Koutsouridis GG, Brands PJ, Rutten MC, van de Vosse FN. Toward noninvasive blood pressure assessment in arteries by using ultrasound. Ultrasound Med Biol. 2011; 37:788-797 - Pubmed Link
-  Paini A, Boutouyrie P, Calvet D, Tropeano AI, Laloux B, Laurent S. Carotid and aortic stiffness: determinants of discrepancies. Hypertension. 2006; 47:371-376 - Pubmed Link
-  Henry RM, Kostense PJ, Spijkerman AM, Dekker JM, Nijpels G, Heine RJ, Kamp O, Westerhof N, Bouter LM, Stehouwer CD; Hoorn Study. Arterial stiffness increases with deteriorating glucose tolerance status: the Hoorn Study. Circulation. 2003; 107:2089-2095 - Pubmed Link
-  Van Bortel LM, Balkestein EJ, van der Heijden-Spek JJ, Vanmolkot FH, Staessen JA, Kragten JA, et al. Non-invasive assessment of local arterial pulse pressure: comparison of applanation tonometry and echo-tracking. J Hypertens. 2001; 19:1037-1044 - Pubmed Link